Friday, December 5, 2014

Family History = Empire Contraband

This thought came to me the other day, when I was working on family history research. Family history is something the Empire doesn't want you to take an interest in, just like they care nothing for a person's personal history or for history in general, really. They'll tell you to live in the now as though it's a mantra to live by. Don't buy it.

What could the ulterior motive be for pushing such an agenda? That's what I wondered, but I think I've worked it out. You see, they want their pedigrees to be their positions in government or their network connections or their money - anything that can be attained through nefarious means.

But your history and your family history, your pains and their sufferings, are things that belong to you intrinsically. They are things that no Empire can ever take away. I take pride in knowing that my family can trace its lineage at least as far back as 1760, clearly. Once I eventually get a subscription to Ancestry.com, or do some more research, who knows how far back it'll stretch, and that's something to take pride in, not these false idols of a broken Empire.

No comments:

Post a Comment