Saturday, March 28, 2015

I am NOT a Feminist

Wait a minute - how can that be right? I'm a woman, right?
Correct.

And I'm anti-feminism?
Also correct.

How can this be?

Well, I'm tired of the lack of chivalry in men, the bitchyness of my fellow women, and I'm tired of seeing things like how Kamala Harris was called "beautiful" by the president and got all pissed off about it.

Hey Obama, you can call me beautiful any time you want. I'm just saying. I won't complain or anything. In fact, I'll feel...dun dun dun...COMPLIMENTED!

I feel like I am as far removed from modern-day feminists as they themselves are from figures like Susan B. Anthony and Mary Wollstonecraft. We're from two different planets. And while I don't always agree 100% with what men do, I LOVE them, on the whole.
It just seems to me that modern-day feminists don't have much to bitch about. We've got it pretty good here in America, even if things aren't 100% perfect. We're doing the same jobs as men, working just as hard, and yet those who cry "feminism" are the ones keeping ME down, because men are scared to death of giving compliments, even. Any hint at interest, and the feminists will yell "SEXUAL HARRASSMENT!", so they're destroying the natural interplay of the sexes.
I'm tired of these harpies who make the dicks of men everywhere shrivel in sheer terror. I'm tired of that stupid song I saw on Buzzfeed saying that if you're a woman, you're a feminist. Just because I'm a woman, doesn't mean I have to join the horde. Of course I'm on my own side, but Feminism as it is today, is a beast that will not swallow me up just because of my gender.

So there.

No comments:

Post a Comment