The stuff I used is amazing. I was able to save literally every single brush from going into the trash can. This is impressive, considering I've been using both oils and acrylics, and that some of the brushes were hard as bricks.
I soaked the brushes overnight after scrubbing them each across the brush cleaner. Then, I ran the water and worked out the caked-on paint, pulling off what I could and then making circles on my hand like one of my art teachers told me to do once, working the stuff into a lather.
I didn't think I'd be able to save all of them. I'm just in awe. I'm not using this blog for a commercial-type thing. I'm just impressed.