Monday, July 20, 2015

Bringing Old Brushes Back To Life

A while back, I'd gotten pretty lazy with my art. After I was done using a brush, I'd throw it into a little plastic cup, not even bothering to wash the paint off of it. Next time I'd work on something, I'd just grab a clean brush, and repeat.

Well eventually it got to the point where I'd ended up with a cup full of dirty brushes. I remembered I'd had this brush cleaning kit I bought ages ago, so I pulled it out and decided to test it. It's called "The Masters" Brush Cleaner & Preserver

The main part of the kit is this little round lip-balm-lookin' thingy, and you're supposed to dip the brush in water, and then swirl it around on the cake thing, and repeat as needed.

So far, some of the brushes appear salvage-able, and some not so much. But we'll see how many I'm able to save. Right now, it looks like I've got about twenty or so brushes going in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment