Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Adorn Your Desk With Flowers

Today, I went to the local florist shop and, although I have no beau to buy flowers for me, I purchased some for myself, for my desk at work.

I've always had people say to me, "How are cut flowers lovely/romantic? After all, you've just killed the thing..."

But I rather think these people miss the point. If my aim was to surround myself with dead things, I'd decorate my desk with taxidermy. Flowers lighten the mood of the office, and they give you something beautiful to look at. Most importantly, they are a constant reminder that there is beauty in the world, no matter how rough your work environment is, how callous your bosses are, or what your particular situation might be.

The bouquet was $10, and I consider it money well spent.

No comments:

Post a Comment